Re: #direwolf #direwolf

Paul Noa

Basil,

Thanks for your response.

1. Your questions don't have anything to do with udrc or draws. You
would be better off asking them on the direwolf groups.io site.
https://groups.io/g/direwolf/topics

In fact WB2OSZ was listening on your group and answered me.

 2. If you use the NWDR image the APRS server password is automatically
calculated & added to the direwolf configuration when running the
initial config script.

That explains why I saw my made up callsign on the APRS-SI server before I got my license while running Direwolf on the NWDR14 image.

3. There are many places to get your APRS server login passcode.
The nwdr image uses a C program from Xastir. Look at
n7nix/direwolf/config.sh around line 230.

Thanks for that info not sure how I would have known that as all of the documentation I have used to install and configure assumed one would know that.  But Pete@AE5PL was kind enough to inform me that WB2OSZ, the author of Direwolf, would provide one.

As I have not heard back from him I will Get the n7nix repo and run the program.
Thanks!

4. The gps on the DRAWS hat requires gpsd version 3.18.1 or higher to
operate properly.

Right you are I am running 3.17 version of GPSD will upgrade it.

5. Not really motivated to support people that want to build their own
custom image from scratch. Not that you shouldn't, just that I don't want
to support you doing it. What is your compelling argument for not
using the supplied image?

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 16:00, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Can you provide the login password or direct me where to get it
> Please.

Google is your friend
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=aprs+passcode&pp=1&s=l

1. Your questions don't have anything to do with udrc or draws. You
would be better off asking them on the direwolf groups.io site.
https://groups.io/g/direwolf/topics

2. If you use the NWDR image the APRS server password is automatically
calculated & added to the direwolf configuration when running the
initial config script.

3. There are many places to get your APRS server login passcode.
The nwdr image uses a C program from Xastir. Look at
n7nix/direwolf/config.sh around line 230.

# Get the n7nix repo
git clone https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix
# Go to the directory containing the callpass source code

cd n7nix/direwolf/
gcc -o callpass callpass.c
# run the program
./callpass <your_callsign>
Passcode for <your_callsign> is <some_5_digit_number>

4. The gps on the DRAWS hat requires gpsd version 3.18.1 or higher to
operate properly. You most likely got your gpsd from the Debian
repositories which is about 2 years old. Verify your gpsd version number:

gpsd -V