Re: #direwolf #direwolf

Paul Noa

Basil,

I went back to my NWDR14 build to see if i could remember what the issue was, attached is an output file: NWDR14 Rebuild.txt

But perhaps this is all you will need to know:

#Configure core functionality

pi@asawizard:~/n7nix $ cd config
pi@asawizard:~/n7nix/config $ sudo su
root@asawizard:/home/pi/n7nix/config# ./app_config.sh core
app_config.sh: script start
Enter call sign, followed by [enter]: KO4BCV
app_config.sh: Config core
  Already run 1 time(s):  core config script
current dir: /home/pi/n7nix/config
Test pwd: /home/pi/n7nix/config, path: /home/pi/n7nix

Verify IF dtoverlay= is set properly
  dtoverlay currently set to: dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
  dtoverlay for DRAWS OK

Verify IF dtparam=audio is set properly
  Last line in /boot/config.txt OK

Verify IF dtoverlay= is set properly
  dtoverlay currently set to: dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
  dtoverlay for DRAWS OK

Verify IF dtparam=audio is set properly
  Last line in /boot/config.txt OK
app_config.sh core has already been run, exiting
-- cfg_script_name  hostname: 0, passwd: 0, logfile: 0
root@asawizard:/home/pi/n7nix/config#

So despite git pull and updating and running  ./app_config.sh core again, and entering my new License instead of the made up one,
i.e KO4BCZ instead of the made up one NOAPJ

I still get this:
pi@asawizard:~ $ ax25-status
Status for direwolf.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25dev.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25dev.path: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25-mheardd.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
Status for ax25d.service: RUNNING and ENABLED
AX.25 device: ax0 successfully configured with ip: 192.168.255.2
AX.25 device: ax1 successfully configured with ip: 192.168.255.3
pi@asawizard:~ $ tail -f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log
Jan 26 20:10:51 asawizard direwolf[455]: KISS protocol set TXtail = 10 (*10mS units = 100 mS), port 1
Jan 26 20:10:51 asawizard direwolf[455]: KISS protocol set Persistence = 32, port 1
Jan 26 20:10:51 asawizard direwolf[455]: KISS protocol set SlotTime = 20 (*10mS units = 200 mS), port 1
Jan 26 20:10:51 asawizard direwolf[455]: KISS protocol set FullDuplex = 0, port 1
Jan 26 20:10:56 asawizard direwolf[455]: Can't get address for IGate server noam.aprs2.net, Temporary failure in name resolution
Jan 26 20:11:01 asawizard direwolf[455]: Can't get address for IGate server noam.aprs2.net, Temporary failure in name resolution
Jan 26 20:11:06 asawizard direwolf[455]: Now connected to IGate server noam.aprs2.net (167.114.2.176)
Jan 26 20:11:06 asawizard direwolf[455]: Check server status here http://167.114.2.176:14501
Jan 26 20:11:11 asawizard direwolf[455]: [ig] # aprsc 2.1.5-g8af3cdc
Jan 26 20:11:11 asawizard direwolf[455]: [ig] # logresp N0APJ verified, server T2CAWEST

So as you see having alread run the core config once it did not prompt me for my passcode and did not change the original entry.
I am unable to find the direwolf.conf file to edit it for the correct info. perhaps that will suffice.  The APRS.SI site is receiving

Is feasible to try to correct NOAPJ with KO4BCZ or should I just bite the bullet and start fresh with the NWDR15 image.

A complete output txt file is attached anticipating other questions.

Paul KO4BCZ

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 18:34, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> I have three RPi 3's, one with my own build and one with the NWDR14
> build, one spare. I have been more successful with my build but not so
> much with yours,

And exactly (with console output) what problem are you having with the
image? Also, when you get a chance, switch to the NWDR15 image.

> with all due respect Basil I find it tedious to jump
> back and forth from one URL to another trying to follow three
> different paths for

> installing,

If you use the NWDR image there is nothing to install.
If you do your own custom install you are on your own.

>configuring

Follow the 'Getting Started Guide'
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/DEBUG_BASICS.md
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/VERIFY_CONFIG.md

> So I hope find my argument compelling enough to continue to support
> the three units which I purchased.

Like I said before if you use the image you will get my support. If you
make your own custom install, post your questions on the forum and maybe
someone will answer.