Re: #direwolf #direwolf

Basil Gunn

J P is correct there is no AI in these scripts to go back & undo. The
configuration scripts were meant to be run exactly once. Some scripts
are more forgiving than others because I had to run them a bunch of
times to get them to work properly. If you know you need to fix
something then just manually edit that config file.

For your call sign KO4BCV Look for the following line in file:
/etc/direwolf.conf

IGLOGIN KO4BCV 11409

You can look at the status of the tier 2 servers here:
http://status.aprs2.net/

Having said that I do not do any aprs client stuff in direwolf. I only
use it as a sound modem.
What I use for APRS is this:
aprx for digipeating
yaac & Xastir when I want maps
nixtracker in my vehicle for smart beaconing

I also use mobilinkd with a handy talky & droid phone for hiking.
You have some choices depending on what you want to do.

J P Watters via Groups.Io <kc9kko=mac.com@groups.io> writes:

Paul,

This is still a beta work in progress. Basil has done and outstanding job at making this work.

There really isn't an UNDO script for running the getting started scripts after entering bad or erroneous information.
Entering a Bogus call sign and an associated invalid password would not be good.

It would appear that running the scripts the first time with a BOGUS call sign has some pretty real effects.
Like never being able to connect to APRSIS with a Bogus Call Sign and an invalid password that was not generated by the CALLPASS algorithm.
When I saw that the script reported that it was not the first time it had been run, that pointed out that a fresh image would be
likely the best plan.

Start with a fresh NW15 image and most importantly ' Follow the 'Getting Started Guide'
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started

Members of our radio club and myself have had regular success following the getting started guide.
When we have changed our minds in the initial configuration we have found it best to start with a fresh image.

..jpw J P Watters
KC9KKO