Re: DRAWS hat + PiJuice

Basil Gunn

For mobile apps using 12V battery.
I don't use PiJuice, instead I use Powerwerx its-12.
https://powerwerx.com/automotive-dc-timer-lvd-battery-guard

It's a low voltage detect & a timer.
Using 'sensors' command I can read the 12V supply from the DRAWS hat &
detect when it goes from altenator/generator to battery only and do an
APRS beacon & graceful RPi shut down. Been using it for about 3 months.
/Basil n7nix

Chris Metcalf <chris@...> writes:

Has anybody successfully incorporated a RPi UPS board like the PiJuice (
https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/pijuice-standard) to prevent corruption
based on power loss, especially while operating mobile? I've got automatic
backups to a USB thumb drive set up with RSnapshot now, but it'd be nice to
have the PiJuice there to automatically shut down gracefully the RPi when
power is disconnected.

It looks like it interfaces using spring pins on the 40 pin connector, and
everything is pass-through except power and I2C:
https://github.com/PiSupply/PiJuice

Does that conflict with anything that the DRAWS hat needs? My only other
concern would be being able to power/charge the PiJuice from the 12v
connection on the DRAWS.

Thanks,
Chris