Re: Compass image V15, XASTIR, Missing Library?

Basil Gunn

Hi John,

With version 15 I am unable to load XASTIR, either via the XASTIR
desktop icon, or invoking directly from the folder
/usr/local/bin. Using the desktop icon the busy icon appears for
approximately 20 seconds, then nothing. The direct approach serves up
the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2
Not sure why this library is missing. It is spelled out in the xs_install.sh
script.

To fix do this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgeotiff-dev

To be safe I would install all the packages required by Xastir maps.
sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev libgeotiff-dev libwebp-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev

Thus, am I correct in assuming image v15 is missing a library, and if
so how do I find the correct package(s) and load/install?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to supporting DRAWS/RPi.

John KM7LJ