Re: Compass image V15, XASTIR, Missing Library?

jgindc1@...

Basil,

Library install worked like a charm, may thanks for replying so quickly

John KM7LJ

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 1:53 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Hi John,

> With version 15 I am unable to load XASTIR, either via the XASTIR
> desktop icon, or invoking directly from the folder
> /usr/local/bin. Using the desktop icon the busy icon appears for
> approximately 20 seconds, then nothing. The direct approach serves up
> the following error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libgeotiff.so.2

Not sure why this library is missing. It is spelled out in the xs_install.sh
script.

To fix do this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgeotiff-dev

To be safe I would install all the packages required by Xastir maps.
sudo apt-get install shapelib libshp-dev libgeotiff-dev libwebp-dev libgraphicsmagick1-dev