Re: nixtracker msg ack?

Basil Gunn

Hi David,

If I send an APRS message with the tracker to my home station, and the
ack box is checked, I do not see the ack response from the base
station.
Describe to me what you are expecting.
'I do not see the ack response'.
How are you expecting to 'see' the ack response?
I don't think I display the ack packets in the Messages window.

I am only looking at the aprs.fi raw packets fro KE7GRP*
The message: 'Test' goes to your base station which responds with an
ack. I see no further attempt by mobile unit KE7RGP-3 so I'm assuming
that it swallowed the ack and is satisfied.

I can see that the base station sent a packet in the 1-8
station list though. I can also see the base station ack message in
the raw packets on aprs.fi. See KE7RGP, no SSID, on aprs.fi. That is
the base station. KE7RGP-3 is the tracker.
This groups.io message panel is not letting me cut and paste.
I rarely ever use the groups.io forum interface so I'm not much help
with that.

I just use my email client, mu4e, which is an email search engine, mu,
with an emacs based email client. This allows me to cut & paste text or
toast bagels or whatever else I want to do.

Finally, I can see that the tracker has no retries so I believe it is
registering a received acknowledgement.
Yep. I agree.

When I disable transmit on the base station, the tracker will report four retries.
Sounds correct.

Should the message panel on the tracker show the ackxxxx message from the base station?
It used to but I found it too distracting. I need to add a feature that
shows that the sent message has been acked like Xastir does by changing
the background of the message.

I’ll play around with it some more...

tia, David