Re: Just to be clear. What pins are for CAT?

John McRae

cheers John.

I thought that was the case.

thanks for quick response!!!

73

On 20/02/2020 10:24 am, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
CAT is not part of the mini din interface specification.  It was created as a standard long before CAT was popular.

Most CAT control is done using USB to serial cables specific to the radio model and using the 4 USB ports on the Raspberry Pi.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:50 PM John McRae <johnfmcrae.desktop@...> wrote:

I am going to make some cables, starting with CAT control.

What pins on the  L/R mini dins are for cat levels plaese?

I will keep struggling with the software at a later stage.

It is all very muddy, as there is not a simple how to list that I can find.

The use of external interfacing is used by a lot of people trying to explain theur setups.

I just want to get the Draws /Pi up and running non remotely at first.

Without a basic how to, I feel a lot of hams like me will find it tedious etc, to get up and running.

It genuinely is quite confusing sorry to say.

I love the concept however, so am prepared to learn.

cheers guys.

73, John VK5PO

Kingston, WA

MY GMAIL desktop Email accoount,