Re: Just to be clear. What pins are for CAT?

It looks like you went to the 'main' group for nw-digital-radio -- this file is in the files section of the udrc subgroup.  If your browser is logged into groups.io, you should just be able to click on the link.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 8:17 AM Eric KD7CAO <kd7cao@...> wrote:
John,

Tried to click on that link but the file does not exist. Here is a screenshot of the folder:

image.png

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:59 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:54 PM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
CAT is not part of the mini din interface specification.  It was created as a standard long before CAT was popular.

Most CAT control is done using USB to serial cables specific to the radio model and using the 4 USB ports on the Raspberry Pi.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:50 PM John McRae <johnfmcrae.desktop@...> wrote:

I am going to make some cables, starting with CAT control.

What pins on the  L/R mini dins are for cat levels plaese?

I will keep struggling with the software at a later stage.

It is all very muddy, as there is not a simple how to list that I can find.

The use of external interfacing is used by a lot of people trying to explain theur setups.

I just want to get the Draws /Pi up and running non remotely at first.

Without a basic how to, I feel a lot of hams like me will find it tedious etc, to get up and running.

It genuinely is quite confusing sorry to say.

I love the concept however, so am prepared to learn.

cheers guys.

73, John VK5PO

Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA