Re: Just to be clear. What pins are for CAT?

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 20/2/20 9:49 am, John McRae wrote:
I am going to make some cables, starting with CAT control.

What pins on theĀ  L/R mini dins are for cat levels plaese?
None of them, there's a separate port on the DRAWS that gives you a
TTL-level UART serial port.

THAT, is what you want for doing CAT. Or you provide a separate cable
hooked up via USB.

I'll ultimately be doing something similar with mine: plan is to use a
RTL-SDR to scan for activity and use the CAT interface on my FT-857D to
switch the VFO to that frequency to give me dual-watch capabilities,
APRS and WiFi operation from my phone; as it would seem a FM/SSB set
capable of HF/VHF/UHF doesn't exist.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...