Re: AX.25 Desktop Icons #a25

Jim Erickson

My two cents on this.  I would disagree.  I feel that the icon should represent what the icon is going to do.  So if it has an X on it, that means it’s going to to stop AX25.  If it doesn’t have an X, then, the it’s going to start AX.25.

I also have conky running, which is supposed to represent the current status of things.  I don’t feel that an icon is supposed to represent a status.  It’s supposed to represent an action.

Just my 2 cents.
------
73,
Jim
VA7SHG - Phone
VE7TGZ/VA7TGZ - Other

On Mar 12, 2020, at 19:25, Larry W7PAN <larryvc@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 03:02 PM, Basil Gunn wrote:
The icon represents the action that will occur if you click on it.
Hi Basil,

I seem to concur with J P Watters as it is a bit counter intuitive.  For those that don't run headless, it seems it would be better in the GUI for the icon to indicate the current state of the AX25 services.  I am also using the KM4ACK conky, having the AX25-control icon with an X through it while the conky indicates that the AX25 services are active is just plain confusing.  No need to change the scripts, just swapping the start/swap icons does the trick.

Larry W7PAN