Re: Setting Up AARDOP with the #draws

Basil Gunn

Mike,

Happy to hear you have an HF ARDOP setup running on an RPi. Nice work!

Just to let you know it is possible to run direwolf on one port (left) &
ARDOP on the right port. I recently checked-in some scripts that allow
configuring the left & right connectors in split-channel mode using
/etc/ax25/port.conf file. I have some preliminary documentation here:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/PORT_CONFIG.md

/Basil

Mike B <kf5dey@...> writes:

I will give big thanks to the developers and especially others like KM4ACK.

For those wishing to attempt this, do the KM4ACK videos...very easy to follow and understand...but

Do them in this order... Big exception to his instructions... use the settings in the post above... (I use left audio connector)
"For a DRAWS hat left = gpio 12, right = gpio 23. Make sure that direwolf is NOT running."

*./piardopc 8515 plughw:1,0 plughw:1,0 -p GPIO=12*

(if you don't put plughw:1,0 in twice, you will get an error)

Added this to *. asoundrc*
ref: ARDOPC.txt

*pcm.ARDOP {*
*type rate*
*slave {*
*pcm "hw:1,0"*
*rate 12000*
*}*
*}*

Install Winlink on Raspberry Pi 4 Part 1 2019 (also applies to a 3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJJLfVz23k

Install Winlink on Raspberry Pi 4 Part 2 2019 (only first bit, he tells you where to stop for DRAWS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgqsTbxzR4E

THEN

Pat Winlink on DRAWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJQv6rDpss

Final thoughts are I had to really crank up the output volume from the default to get any radio output.

127.0.0.1:8080 on your Pi or 'ip_address':8080 on networked computer to start the Web GUI "DRAWS Manager" to set your audio levels.

For me on an FT-857 the radio displays ALC levels, and I have an power meter connected to show the radio ouput wattage...I dial up the digital volume in the "DRAWS Manager" bit by bit until the ALC level is at the 3/4 mark (example in your radio manual) and output power should be close to what was set on the radio.

But I did log into a winlink station, send and receive email over HF, all while using a networked computer's web browser.

So for me, it is working 100%

Mike
KF5DEY