Re: UDRCII with RT Systems Cable for CAT Control & mini 6DIN and Yaesu FT-450D --PTT engaged but 0 Watts transmitted #ft-8 #wsjt-x

Basil Gunn

Looking at my notes to see what might be relevant because I do not own
an FT-450.

* Re: FT-817, I could only get this radio to work by disconnecting pin 6
(squelch) on the mDin6 cable.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/RADIO_APP_NOTES.md

* From your config you are using the left DRAWS connector.
* Adjust the power output slider on the right side of the wsjt-x screen?
* Verify using draws manager
* Input from Receiver: AF (pin5) for your left channel.
* Verify the setting in the Radio that tells it to use the Data
connector for transmit audio, instead of from the Microphone.
* You want MODE = DAT(a) instead of MODE = SSB.
* The serial settings are for configuring rig control which most likely
has no effect on the DRAWS hat configuration.
Make sure rig control is affecting the left channel.
* Look at pertinent ALSA settings alsa-show.sh
* Check out Steve McGrane's video #5 DRAWS GPS & FT8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxvVD1-0lk&feature=youtu.be
* In the groups.io forum for this group use the search option for wsjt
/Basil n7nix

TG9AOR <@TG9AOR> writes:

Hello Friends. I have this setup on WSJT-X that came with the DRAWS Image (WSJT-X v2.0.1 7ddcb7)
Radio Tab Audio Tab
Rig: FT-450 Input plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 Mono
Serial Port /dev/ttyUSB0 Output plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 Mono
Baud Rate 38400
Data Bits Default
Stop Bits Default
HandShake Default
Force Control Lines DTR Blank
Force Control Lines RTS Blank
PTT Method CAT
Mode DATA/PKT
Split Operation None

I am able to decode. Curiously, with this same cable, on the FT817(I
am referring to the UDRC cable) I cannot hear the static, maybe
because of the squelch pin John told me back in 2018, must behave
differently on the 817/857.

So with this setup the PTT activates, but 0 watts are transmitted.
Thanks for reading my message and God Bless everyone. 73 de TG9AOR