Re: #DRAWS oddity, GPS and ALSA headaches #draws

Jack Spitznagel

Ok.... now, I did not notice that set of TEMP lines in the output because I
was so focused on the sound device/ALSA and GPS lines. I have heatsinks on
the Pi. I have not heard that lack of ventilation of the Pi on a Sunfounder
display is an issue even with hats in place... I do not use a wallwart.

The Pi has seemed to run happily off the aux 5V USB power out from the
Sunfounder 10' display. The display is fed from a 25A 13.9V power supply via
3A fused line from a multi-powerpole type distro panel. No problems in over
a year 'til now. I did notice the undervoltage lightning bolt on the X
display however. A crappy old DVM says the voltage is 13.77 at the plug to
the display with all other devices on the buss operating. I don't have a USB
voltage monitor around, so I don't know what the display USB line is putting
out but obviously the Pi thinks it is low.

The Pi did not seem to be acting sick by itself. Could it be the power
source or should I not trust the PI at all?

If you think I can trust the Pi, I could always take a different power
supply tactic and use the buck supply line in the DRAWs card for the Pi and
feed the display from a separate line.

Thanks for playing Doc!

Jack - KD4IZ