Re: #DRAWS oddity, GPS and ALSA headaches #draws

Basil Gunn

So things to do to help triage the problem:

* Keep a continuous eye on the temperature
In a console window
cd
cd n7nix/debug
watch ./pitemp.sh

* Using pitemp.sh note the temperature at boot & after 1/2 hour
* Remove the DRAWS hat, boot, note the temperature & after a 1/2 hour

* When you re-install DRAWS hat check for being off by one on the
40pin connector.
* Power down RPi with DRAWS hat, let RPi cool down
At cool power up is the DRAWS hat working?
* just run alsa-show.sh and look for something reasonable.
* Do a close visual inspection of the DRAWS hat & RPi.
* Anything look charred?

* Feel the USB cable powering your RPi does it feel warm?

More things to try as you suggested.

The Pi did not seem to be acting sick by itself.
Could it be the power source or should I not trust the PI at all?
It is suspicious to me that the RPi gives the low voltage symptom
(lightning bolt). Is it the power supply or is the DRAWS card loading
the RPi voltage source?

The following is not a bad idea but I would confirm that there is not
something seriously fried on the DRAWS hat first.

If you think I can trust the Pi, I could always take a different power
supply tactic and use the buck supply line in the DRAWs card for the Pi and
feed the display from a separate line.
/Basil

Jack Spitznagel <@flyingfrawg> writes:

Hmmm... and Pi was feeding the DRAWS card, not visa-versa... but that should
not be causing the CPU to overheat!
-Jack