Re: Icom 706MKIIG Setup #ptt #icom

Basil Gunn

The script that John had you link to will not work when using PIN=12
because it is expecting wiringpi gpio pin numbers instead of BCM_GPIO
pin numbers. DRAWS hat uses pin numbers 12 for the left port & 23 for
the right port which are BCM_GPIO numbers. You can fix the script by
using the -g argument with the gpio command ie.

PIN=12

gpio -g write $PIN 0
gpio -g write $PIN 1

From man gpio
-g Use the BCM_GPIO pins numbers rather than wiringPi pin numbers.

or just use the ptt_ctrl.sh script which I maintain.

/Basil n7nix

KB5ZUR <kb5zur@gmail.com> writes:

Thanks John,
I got script set up and can run it but it doesn't turn on the GPIO. I'm
using left hand DIN connector and calling for pin 12.
gpio -g toggle 12 keys and unkeys radio.
./ptt.sh on doesn't key radio. Script does run just but no change on GPIO
Do I need to configure a permission of something else?
-Kb5zur David

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:31 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@hays.org> wrote:

https://gist.github.com/jsherer/dd09895ab23bdf571e2117cdd814c198

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 1:27 PM KB5ZUR <kb5zur@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw post regarding setting up an Icom 706 with Draws. I'm trying to
use JS8Call with my ICOM706MkIIg / DRAWS set up and have TX issues. Receive
works great and see stations from all over the place.

I can toggle the TX of the radio using the toggle GPIO command but can't
figure out how to link that to the tx settings for JS8CALL.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,
-KB5ZUR David

Kingston, WA