Re: Icom 706MKIIG Setup #ptt #icom

KB5ZUR

Thanks,
I have both scripts working now. Thanks for your help!
Added this in the "PTT Command" setting in the Radio / Rig Options tab:
~/ptt.sh %1 and this seems to work for ptt.sh script
Tried ~/n7nix/bin/ptt_ctrl.sh %1 and cant get it to work (with JS8Cal)l.
Do I need a different command for your script?
Please advise.
-Kb5zur David

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 5:39 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

The script that John had you link to will not work when using PIN=12
because it is expecting wiringpi gpio pin numbers instead of BCM_GPIO
pin numbers. DRAWS hat uses pin numbers 12 for the left port & 23 for
the right port which are BCM_GPIO numbers. You can fix the script by
using the -g argument with the gpio command ie.

PIN=12

gpio -g write $PIN 0
gpio -g write $PIN 1

From man gpio
 -g     Use  the  BCM_GPIO pins numbers rather than wiringPi pin numbers.

or just use the ptt_ctrl.sh script which I maintain.

/Basil n7nix