Re: Icom 706MKIIG Setup #ptt #icom

KB5ZUR

I'm struggling with the TX audio settings in JS8Call. When i use the recommended settings based on the 0.4V Peak to Peak value for my ICOM 706, I don't seem to output any power. When I adjust the values up, I get power output but no replies to my CQ's or replies to other stations I can hear.

I would like to do some testing in WSJT-X Ver 2.1.2 but don't see a way PTT with the script file.

2 Questions:
Can you recommend TX Audio setting for my ICOM706MkIIG
Do you know if WSJT-X supports Advanced PTT settings for the script file for keying?

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 11:10 AM David Savells <kb5zur@...> wrote:
Couldnt find advanced PTT setting in WSJT-X

which ptt_ctrl.sh showed  /home/pi/bin/ptt_ctrl.sh
So I set that path in JS8Call and it is now keying the radio.
Just now getting into the TX audio adjustments but looks like I can TX using the Test PTT button in JS8Call setup.
Ill follow up once I can confirm proper operation
Thanks again for your help.
-Kb5zur David

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 10:55 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Hi David,

> Try using the path that comes back from the above command for js8call
> /home/pi/bin/ptt_ctrl.sh %1
>
> I'll test this later on today.

Using full path seems to work fine for script /home/pi/bin/ptt_ctrl.sh
%1 and js8call

Have you used wstx?
What did you use for PTT control when using wstx and ICOM 706MKIIg?

/Basil n7niix