mheard not working. Help debugging? #draws #ax25

Jay S

Mheard prints nothing except a header with "Callsign   Port   Packets    Last heard". There are no error messages. I looked at /var/ax25/mheard/mheard.dat and it is a zero-length file.

I think ax25 is otherwise working. I can use beacon or listen on the APRS frequency, and see packets coming in. I can send APRS beacons from another radio and see them displayed with listen -d c. I get a message as follows when I run listen: "axconfig: duplicate callsign KI7JS-10 in line 6 of axports file" but it shows traffic coming in from the radio.

Can anyone suggest a few troubleshooting steps I can take? Thanks.