Re: Updated and running but... #winlink

Basil Gunn

Hi Craig,

If you run the following from a console you should see your call sign in the RMS
List on the Winlink site almost immediately when the configuration is correct.

sudo -u rmsgw rmsgw_aci

You might also take a look in log files /var/log/rms.debug or
/var/log/rms for any errors related to connecting to Winlink Web
Service.

I know I've had a problem in the past with owner:group of the
/etc/rmsgw/stat directory so you might want to check that out with an:

ls -al /etc/rmsgw/stat

I kept your notes from the first time that I setup the system and
they were very helpful.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

/Basil n7nix

Craig McVeay <cmcveay@gmail.com> writes:

Thanks Basil.

The Pi is connected to the internet, I can browse the web, update files and I can watch the gateway connect to Winlink. I also get ingoing and outgoing traffic (tested again this morning after running the scripts).

In the end, I'm not THAT worried about this small issue since anyone that would want to use my gateway knows about it, it would just be nice to see it populate on the map and RMS list. I'll check back in a little while to see if Winlink.org updates and populates the data.

73,
Craig

P.S. I kept your notes from the first time that I setup the system and they were very helpful.