Re: Chromium issue...

Basil Gunn

I would like to point out that I was running an image, did the
appropriate updates etc...for a few months... then probably something
I did broke the iptables...
I know passing emails back & forth is not very satisfying when trying to
fix problems. If I was in front of your RPi I could fix your problem
in short order so it is a little frustrating for both of us.

...so I can start over (the equivalent of reinstalling windows) but
chances are good I will successfully break iptables again.
I would like to know how you do that so I could make the configure
scripts more robust.

I am not saying it is your fault...Chromium is the issue...but
iptables is the weakness that Chromium is exploiting.
iptables is the solution to fixing a Chromium problem that binds to all
network interfaces.

I will work on what you wrote, and see if I can work around this...
Try running the iptable_install.sh script by itself. Then look for
this file:

/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/70-ipv4.ax25

It needs to have the following line in it that will allow iptables rules
to be loaded at boot time.

iptables-restore < /etc/iptables/rules.ipv4.ax25