Teamviewer install on Raspberry PI

J P Watters <kc9kko@...>

Basil,

Rather than HIJACK another thread, I recommend the installing Teamviwer on Buster to be able to remotely assist others with issues.

  • Install Teamviewer

# install teamviewer for virtual remote desktop access

cd  /home/pi/Downloads

mkdir teamviewer

cd teamviewer
I currently use version 15 so I don't encounter too new of software the forces upgrading the client.

wget http://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/version_15x/teamviewer-host_armhf.deb

sudo dpkg -i teamviewer-host_armhf.deb

Installing teamviewer often results in missing dependancies.

after teamviewer install fails run sudo apt --fix-broken install -y

sudo apt --fix-broken install -y

grep -i eula /opt/teamviewer/config/global.conf

# Should result in finding a line containing [int32] EulaAccepted = 1

#

# edit the /opt/teamviewer/config/global.conf

# insure that there is a line EulaAccepted = 1 in the file.

#

# [bin  ] EnterpriseUIState =

# [int32] EulaAccepted = 1

# [int32] IPC_Port_Service = 5942

#

#get teamviewer id

teamviewer info

#set a Teamviewer password

# sudo teamviewer passwd [password]

# ie. sudo teamviewer passwd itisasecret

sudo teamviewer passwd whateveryoutypeherebecomsethepassword

# restart the Teamviewer service

sudo systemctl restart teamviewerd

Then from your TEAMVIEWER platform of choice, connect the the id.