Re: Split Channel

 Hi John,

The IC-7300 has a built in sound card available via the USB port, this is good for Direwolf, Fldigi, WSJT-X, and other digital soundcard modems.  It also presents a serial port via USB for control of the radio operating parameters and PTT.

You can, of course, use the accessory port connected to the DRAWS™ port as an alternative.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 9:53 AM John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> wrote:
Hi Basil,
bear with me ...... I just purchased the IC-7300, so I am just starting to learn the intricacies. Parenthetically, it's the my first brand-new out of the box HF rig in 58 years of hamming.
According to the manual, the USB port can be used for PC control, and sending received audio to the PC. It also states that decoded RTTY output can be directed to a PC. I haven't had a chance to look over the schematics, so I am unclear just what is being sent (analog, digital, both, etc.) .
Additionally, there is a an ACC socket where there is the option to direct audio (analog) from the radio to a PC either from the AF detector or the rcvr IF.
Because I enjoy experimenting I am very much still interested in a configuration where the DRAWS board is used in SPLIT mode. I can be patient . Thanks for your guidance relating to the USB port.
73,
John, NX2I

Kingston, WA