Re: Split Channel

Jack Spitznagel

John and John,

Have the 7300 here and have been using it for several years (yes – early adopter). Everything available over USB depending on rig settings and mode of operation are: Audio Out (analog), Audio In (digital control of rig’s “DAC”), data for C-IV rig control, data RTTY decode, limited IQ for SDR program (including ICOM’s RS-BA1 and HRD) *if* you use the remote and serial control for C-IV).

Unfortunately my test bed DRAWS unit suffered a somewhat mysterious issue and demise, so pending a replacement, I have not continued to experiment with it to any degree.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Trustee for NR3DT

The Museum Ship USCGC Taney WHEC-37 Amateur Radio Group

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 13:47
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [draws and udrc] Split Channel

John,

I have a 7300 but haven't been able to exercise it yet. I have been living in an apartment for the last year with no antennas :(

Most of these applications are looking for AF which the USB soundcard should provide.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:36 AM John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> wrote:

John,

thanks for the info. It makes sense that the soundcard output is not just RTTY. For the ACC socket on the IC-7300, is there both digital (soundcard) and analog capability? Or am I misunderstanding the cryptically worded users manual.. To me it seems you can select either AF or IF data but the format (digital vs. analog) is unclear.

John

--

John D. Hays
Kingston, WA

K7VE

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.