Re: Audio input issue #udrc

Basil Gunn

Hi Eric,

You should focus on how the receive signal is routed from the radio to
the UDRC. The mDin6 connector on the UDRC (assuming that is the
connector you are using) expects audio to come in on the discriminator
from the radio which is pin 4 on the mDin6 connector. That also has to
match the ALSA settings so enable IN1 and your radio configuration
(DISCriminator).

I have modified the setalsa-ft817.sh Yaesu script that should get you at
least part way there. That script will detect the type of NWDR hat you
are using & set the ALSA controls for routing the audio from your
radio. You will also need to set ALSA controls:

== for transmit
PCM
LO DRIVER

== for receive
ADC_LEVEL

Hope that helps.
/Basil n7nix

Eric Grumling <eric@grumling.com> writes:

My trusty crusty TM-D700 finally gave up and I wanted to build a new
mobile rig based around an FT-897 that hasn’t seen much use since
upgrading my home station. Going through the parts bin I found my
first generation UDRC board. I want to use primarily for APRS, but
also HF digital modes from time to time. I have everything to the
point where it should work. The station does transmit APRS beacons
using Xastir (seen on aprs.fi routed through nearby digipeaters, and
decoded by my TH-d72), but is not able to receive anything. When I
view the waterfall in FLDIGI I don’t see the usual blue/yellow/red,
only black, with an extremely low noise floor. I have modified the
6-pin DIN plug to remove COS. I checked a few things in alsamixer but
the UDRC (or pulse audio) has a lot of extra sliders that I’m not used
to. The only setting in alsamixer that changes anything on FLDIGI is
when I unmute ADCFGA L, the green level indicator pegs but still
nothing on the waterfall. I have verified radio outputs audio using a
Rigblaster PNP and MacBook Pro.

Thanks for all the help I doubt I would have got this far without this
group.

Eric
K0JEG