Quick Q on interface cables...

Charlie Hein

OK, I am ready to connect my DRAWS to my ICOM Dual band radio, which will interface through its 8-pin round mic connector.  I can sort out the wiring okay but have a couple of questions.  First, are any blocking caps or other components required for this interface, or can I just wire straight to the mic connector?  Secondly, would it be a useful thing to wire out the discriminator audio and standard audio pins on the DRAWS port to a SPDT switch to make the same cable useful for 1200 and 9600 bps operation?

Charlie