Re: Quick Q on interface cables...

Charlie Hein

I'm wiring up to an old ICOM IC-3200A.  Here's the pinouts (looking at the mic connector on the radio:

So I believe the pins I need here are 1(audio in), 5(PTT), 6&7(gnd) can be common together - they are on my hardware TNC cables anyway, and 8(audio out). Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to specify how you would wire the mini-DIN side.   can both audio and discriminator wires be attached to the same pin on the mic side, or is it better to just use one of them?

BTW, can you confirm that the mini-DIN port is wired out like this?

Charlie