From: Charlie Hein <chein@...>
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Aug 26, 2020 9:48 am
Subject: [draws and udrc] has anyone wired up the AQlinco DR-135T MkIII yet?

I'm looking at the manual for the radio's DB-9 data port and the DRAWS port pin outs and connection  looks pretty straightforward, but I have at least one question...

The radio and the DRAWS board both have squelch indication on the ports, but:
The radio manual says "SQC squelch signal output.  Carrier in: closed.  Open collector output."
The DRAWS documentation says "Pullup to 5V"

Just want to confirm that it's safe to connect the radio's squelch indicator pin (pin 1) to the DRAWS port's SQL pin (pin 6) directly or if it's just safer to leave it off or if a circuit of some sort is needed to isolate them from each other.  I'd like to have squelch indication if it's safe to do so.

Charlie