DRAWS - not able to receive APRS #aprs #direwolf #ax25

Mark J Culross

Edited

I finally found some time to play with my new DRAWS (attached to RPi3B+, running current image dated 2020-Aug-22), but I've run into a roadbock.

To start, I followed <https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Image-getting-started> - all results were as expected, with no obvious indication of any errors

I then followed <https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/VERIFY_CONFIG.md> - all results were as expected, with no obvious indication of any errors

I did have a little trouble getting the DRAWS manager to run . . . it would start & then exit after about 10-seconds.  Changing to "/usr/local/var/draws-manager" & issuing a "git pull" followed by a reboot straightened that out.

The radio (IC-7000) is attached to the left side DIN6 connector (udr0).  I also ran the "setalsa-ic7000.sh" setup script.

I've attached output files with the results from the following commands:
- ax25-status
- ax25-status -d
- ax25-showcfg.sh
- alsa-show.sh

I have run each of the following at the root command line, but other than showing when I send a test position message using "btest.sh -p -P udr0", none of them show any indication of any APRS decoding (although I am tuned to 144.390 & can hear lots of packet activity from the radio):
- tail -f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log
- listen -a -h -i -p udr0 -r -t
- mheard

Any suggestion on what to check next ??

Thanks in advance,