Re: DRAWS - not able to receive APRS #aprs #direwolf #ax25

Basil Gunn

First thanks for all the console output.

The radio (IC-7000) is attached to the left side DIN6 connector
(udr0). I also ran the "setalsa-ic7000.sh" setup script.
This could be your problem since that script tries to set up deviation
for the HF radio. You need to set deviation for the VHF/UHF radio in the
IC-7000. I would turn off discriminator receiver routing and turn on
compensated audio. I am not sure if the IC-7000 radio supports
discriminator out for vhf.

This is what you currently have, set by the setalsa script.

IN1 L:[10 kOhm] R:[10 kOhm]
IN2 L:[Off] R:[Off]

You want to flip these controls for Left channel manually. ie. turn off
IN1 & have 10 kOhm for IN2.

Run alsamixer from a console
press F6, select sound card
- select udrc
scroll to the right until you find:
IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor [10 kOhm]
- turn that off by typing <down-arrow>

Continue scrolling to the right until you find:
IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor [10 kOhm]
- turn that ON by typing <up-arrow> once only

exit to save new settings

Be aware that there are both positive & negative resister controls ie.
IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor [Off]
IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor [Off]

You only want to set Left Mixer Positive Resistor control.

Verify by running alsa-show.sh

You need to confirm your deviation.

Go to this link
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

This will lead you through how to output a steady audio tone that you will
monitor with an HT or some other radio in your shack.
Be sure to read the John Ackermann N8UR link.