Re: OpenRepeater running witH DRAWS hat #udrc

Ken Koster

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 4:08:47 PM PDT km4cj@... wrote:

> First of all thank you Basil for the quick response.  The svxlink.conf file

> was there, but empty.  I added the sections above, rebooted, but the udrc

> port did not show up.  I typed the aplay -l command and comes back with "no

> soundcards found".  So still not able to get the audio device recognized.

The svxlink.conf file may indeed be legitimately empty.   OpenRepeater uses it's own method and from what I understand will ignore what's there.

I would guess that the real problem is the lack of an alsa udrc sound device.  Fix that as Basil suggests in his other email and I suspect the OpenRepeater web interface will find the udrc and let you select it.

I can't say for sure because I use the stock SVXLink but I'd be surprised if OpenRepeater can't handle it.

Ken - N7IPB

Email: n7ipb@...

JID: n7ipb@...

SvxLink Repeaters: http://pnw220.wetnet.net

PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A

*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving

safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

"WOW, What a ride!"