Re: RMS-Gateway How do I update the frequency advertised on Winlink.org

Corky

Brendan, after a reboot when you look at the file is it showing your modifications or not? If you find the file has reverted then what follows is the likely cause.

One thing I have had happen is a glitch on the SD Card and this causes it to go to a read-only mode. In this state you can read, write, and modify files, even install entirely new applications that will run until you restart the system at which point all the modifications vanish as the were only stored in a virtual swap file.

The way I solved the problem was to image the SD Card to a new SD card and that cleared the read-only state. If you are only running the RMS Gateway, I would suggest either use your backup - if you have one - or rebuild using a new card with a new image from scratch. This will probably take much less time that working to troubleshoot the problems with the existing system

Thanks and 73,
-Corky, AF4PM

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020, at 7:35 PM, Brendan O'Neill wrote:
Well, I can edit the file...

cd /etc/rmsgw

sudo nano channels.xml
Ctr X to exit
Y to Overwrite
Enter to keep file name

sudo reboot

and then it reverts back to the old information I am attempting to update.

where might it be getting that data from on the reboot?

I confirm my edits to channels.xml before the reboot

Brendan