Re: New to DRAWS - what order to troubleshoot installation/setup? #draws #gps #ft817 #ft-817 #draws-manager

Microbes

Hi Basil, I'm back at it.

So close. After pulling the #6 pin (and breaking the key off... oops), I can now see all sorts of APRS signals streaming in with:

tail -f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log

However, transmitting with:

./btest.sh -P udr0

shows up in this log, and the radio transmits, but still no reports on APRS.fi.

My hand-held, with a rubber duck, get reported just fine. The SSIDs are indeed different, -7 on the hand held and, according to the log, -11 for the DRAWS-817.

By 'check deviation config' I assume you meant this?

pi@drawspi:~/bin $ ./alsa-show.sh
==== List All sound card device names (3)
card 0: b1 [bcm2835 HDMI 1]
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
card 2: udrc [udrc]

======= DRAWS
===== ALSA Controls for Radio Transmit =====
LO Driver Gain L:[-6.00dB] R:[-6.00dB]
PCM L:[-16.50dB] R:[-16.50dB]
DAC Playback PT L:[P3] R:[P3]
LO Playback CM [Full Chip]

===== ALSA Controls for Radio Receive =====
ADC Level L:[-2.00dB] R:[-2.00dB]
IN1 L:[Off] R:[Off]
IN2 L:[10 kOhm] R:[10 kOhm]
CM L:[10 kOhm] R:[10 kOhm]

Any further suggestions?

I know it's holiday time, I am in no rush and really appreciate your help.

-S

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.