Re: NWDR18 image release announcement

With a little digging you can find the unique identifier for the plugged in CT-62 cable and create a udev description to give it a name that remains consistent between plug-in instances.

An example for the ThumbDV™ is found at
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/ambeserver-install/blob/master/etc/udev/rules.d/99-thumbdv.rules
It makes link at /dev/ThumbDV regardless of which ttyUSB# the device is plugged into.

Also doing a ls /dev/serial/by-id will provide a direct path to the plugged in USB serial device.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 9:20 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Re-stating your problem to see if I have it right:

CAT control is not working between an RPi 4 and and a Yaesu FT-100D
which is a multiband HF/VHF/UHF radio.
Connection is through a Yaesu CT-62 cable which is an 8 pin mDin to
USB serial device connection.

This has nothing to do with the DRAWS hat!

The most common problem is finding the correct Linux serial device name
for FLdigi/FLrig.

# With the CT-62 disconnected from the RPi find all current USB serial
device names:

  ls /dev/ttyU*
ls: cannot access '/dev/ttyU*': No such file or directory

# In my case their are NO USB serial devices plugged into the RPi.
# Now plug your CT-62 cable into your RPi and execute 'ls' to find the
# name of the serial device.

  ls /dev/ttyU*
/dev/ttyUSB0

# In this case the USB serial device name is /dev/ttyUSB0
# This is the device name to use in your FLdigi/FLrig configuration for
# CAT control.

Note if you unplug/plug your CT-62 cable in your RPi while it is running the
device name will change.

Eric Williams <kf4yep@...> writes:

> Thanks Basil for the rapid response,
>
> That's good to know. So, how do I get the frequencies to show up in
> the display and/or flrig? The cat cable is CT-62 with USB end. No
> serial-to-usb converters in the middle.

Kingston, WA