Re: Audio setup problem with Raspberry PI and DRAWS hat. #audio #ft-817 #wsjt-x #drawsmanager #draws-manager

Jim VA7SHG/VE7TGZ

No, you are clearly using the HamPi image (which is an abomination imho). Basil is asking you to use the NW Digital DRAWS image, designed specifically for the DRAWS hat. 

It can be found here: http://nwdig.net/downloads/ 

I've also recently done a video that walks through setting up the DRAWS Image. https://youtu.be/HzReSQ2P9Gc   Hope that helps

73, Jim

On 2021-01-22 6:20 p.m., jakob@... wrote:
Hi Basil,
Here is what I did so far:
1. I downloaded the file HamPi_v1.2a.img.xz on 1/21 
2. I extracted it and got a folder with the file HamPi_v1.2a.img
3. I formatted a brand new 64 GB Micro SD with SDCardFormatter5
4. I burned the image to the micro SD with balenaEtcher
5. I plugged the MicroSD into a 4GB RaspBerry P4 that has the DRAWS hat installed with a 6-pin cable to the FT-818. Pin 6 is open. There is also a CAT cable between the RaspBerry USB and the FT-818
6. I booted up the RaspBerry. A screen with the HamPi by W3DJS picture appeared and the pull-down menu shows  the item Hamradio with all the programs.
7. I opened the document Activating your DRAWS and followed the instructions.
8. I re-booted the RaspBerry 
9. I followed instructions from the web to run the DRAWS-Manager web app and set both channels to the recommended values for the pin 5 data and saved the settings.
10. I ran the FlRig program that comes with the image and set up the Rig as FT-857D and the proper serial interface settings and CAT-PTT. It connected correctly.
11. I ran the FlDigi program, set the mode to PSK31. I do not see any noise at all. I am very familiar with FlDigi and several modes, since I used it for years.
12. I checked the pin 5 of the cable and see audio signal from the receiver.
13. I click on Tune in FlDigi. The transmitter gets active on the FT-818, but with no output power. Pin 1 of the cable has no useful signal.

There is where I am now.
Questions:
1. Is it the proper NWDR image I use? Is there another one you suggest?
2. Should the steps I used above lead to a correct installation? Did I miss something?
3. If you want you can remote zoom into my Windows 10 computer that has a VNC client connected to the RaspBerry.

I was under the impression that I run the proper NWDR image so far, and I would really appreciate your help.
73 de Jakob

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.