Re: Case Arrived! Screw size?

Mark J Culross

Jack:

The DRAWS case was designed to accommodate a standard 30mm fan (24mm spacing on the mounting holes).  Although I have not purchased these myself, this pair from Amazon are marked with the same p/n (LD3007MS) as was on the original fan used during the case design/update:

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 1:53:49 PM CST, Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

Mark,

That one is about 0.5cm too large – the predrilled spacing on the DRAWS case appears to be about 2.5cm.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ

Science River LLC

Biomedical Consulting Services

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark J Culross
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 14:31
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [draws and udrc] Case Arrived! Screw size?

Maybe this fan from Adafruit ??

Miniature 5V Cooling Fan with Molex PicoBlade Connector

Miniature 5V Cooling Fan with Molex PicoBlade Connector

Looking for another way to keep your project cool? Hook up this 5V Mini Cooling Fan and prevent from overheating! Of course, it's also great for use with any small ...

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM, Jack Spitznagel

<kd4iz@...> wrote:

Ed, All,

Mine were in the box with the case. Small plastic bag that also had the stand-offs and silicone stick-on feet. I just ordered one of the new design for the later generation DRAWS board.

One issue: my Rpi was reporting via the DRAWS manager that CPU temp reach 140+ F.... not wonderful... SO: I need to know if anyone has a model number for a quality fan that will fit the case. There is a dizzying array of fans out there, I figure out the size, but reasonable quiet and low current consumption would be better.

I have a couple of CPU fans that are too large for the hole spacing... I'm not hacking a new case to make it work.

Jack Spitznagel – KD4IZ
Science River LLC
Biomedical Consulting Services

-----Original Message-----
From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 14:03
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [draws and udrc] Case Arrived! Screw size?

My two case arrived today!  Fantastic.

I seem to have missed the link the screw sizes need to secure the

top to the base.

Ed, KD9FRQ

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.