Re: Current Image - data error #image

Corky

Dave, if I were to guess, I would say you may have an undesired covert "helper" app running in the background that gets cut out by the VPN. I might suggest a very good and deep virus/malware scan or three.

Thanks and 73,
-Corky, AF4PM

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, at 12:54 PM, Dave Phelps wrote:
So I needed to download a different ISO.  Encounter same problem as with this DRAWS iso - cannot get checksum to match.  Multiple tries, multiple mirrors.  Torrent link will not resolve.
Pull out a win 7 box, download with no problem.  Well, crap, makes it look like my win 10 box is not working correctly.  Connect with VPN.  Suddenly, the same mirrors providing bad files work fine.  Checksum matches on multiple new downloads, torrent link resolves and I download that way.  checksum fine.  Redownload from mirrors that gave me bad checksum - now mysteriously gives good result.  Can't make it fail if I wanted to.
Weird problem to diagnose.  Use of the VPN seems to be giving me the results I need so that seems like it would rule out a windows or hardware based problem.  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyway, off topic.  Just needed to vent a little.