Re: DRAWS Aluminum Case Arrived Today!

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 6/2/21 5:18 am, Dave Slotter, W3DJS wrote:
It looks sharp and fits great! Worth the wait!
Mine just turned up on the doorstep today, and I wasted no time powering down the naked Raspberry Pi 4 and installing it in the new case.

I'm a little concerned about the number of screws: Long term I'll be installing it in the top-box of a hard-tail mountain bike to drive a Yaesu FT-857D… an environment notorious for rattling threads. (Said FT-857D is missing several case screws… which are floating *somewhere* around the Greater Brisbane area.)

For now I've just covered the 8 case screws with electrical tape so they can't rattle loose. Not sure about what to do with the internal ones yet. I'll also have to think of a solution for the mini-DIN connectors.

That said, it went together easy and looks solid. I may put it to use in a few weeks time acting as a APRS packet station.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.