Re: Gpio ptt #ptt #flrig #wsjt

Jim VA7SHG/VE7TGZ

I'm not sure this is the fix, but I have a suggestion and another option for turning off the stuck PTT.

I had similar issues while trying to get QSSTV to use FLRig for PTT and setting up FLRig to use the GPIO pins correctly.  One thing I found, in FLRig Configuration, GPIO, the Pulse width (msec) needed to be 0 for my setup.  Not sure if that will help you or not.

Also, to toggle the PTT, you can use the command line.  The command is

ptt_ctrl.sh -r -t

The -r is for the right connector, -t is to toggle. You can use -l for the left. That was my method to get the PTT back off if it got stuck.  I was also using that method to manually trigger the PTT on and off, prior to getting FLRig working. I know my issue wasn't RFI as I didn't have a radio attached, I was just watching the red lights by each minidin6.

Hope that helps,

73, Jim

On 2021-03-21 2:37 p.m., blackbicbiro@... wrote:
Anyone have issue with PTT getting stuck on?

I have an ic-7000 plugged in. I have flrig set to gpio PTT on pin 12 as suggested by the setup guides. I have wsjtx set to flrig and Cat control PTT. When I TX from wsjtx the radio keys and transmits but doesn't stop. The PTT is on permently. The only way to stop it is going back into flrig and turn of gpio ptt and re enable it.

It's really frustrating and struggling to work out what causes it
Could it be RFI?
Is the gpio output isolated? So I need some kind of choke on the 6pin?

Anyone else experienced it.

If not then the hunt to the cause will go on

Rob
M6bzg

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.