Re: #audio #install #config #wsjtx #install #audio #wsjtx #config

Basil Gunn

Hi Basil, thanks for the explanation! I got things working by starting
the daemon. But I have to do this twice.
Should not have to start it twice, symptom of a problem.

First start results in an error,
Before you issue the rigctld-wsjtx command verify the cat control serial
device (ttyUSB0) is present in /dev directory.

ls /dev/ttyUSB*

# Make sure your KX3 is turned on
# Then execute the rigctld-wsjtx command
# In another console window check syslog file

grep -i rigctl /var/log/syslog

second is successful. Do you have an explanation fo this?
Not yet. Need more data.

Is there a possibility to autostart this - at the moment I do this
manually
Yes with systemd service file. If you don't hear from me within 5 days
please remind me.

setting it up like the recommendation for Wsjtx and Js8call Wsjtx runs
fine, but no station/result on the Js8call frequencies
Check your frequency. Leave your setup running for 24 hours to see if it's
a propagation thing. Also send the output of the following console command:

alsa-show.sh

(when I put it on the Wsjtx frequencies - waterfall shows stations so
settings seem right).

Why not to use Flrig instead of Hamlib?
At the time I was setting up js8call/wsjtx FLrig would not stay running
for 24 hours so I switched to rigctl (HAMlib) which appears more stable.

Here are the sequences for the KX3 with the error in the first run

rigctld-wsjtx -m 2045 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 38400 -P GPIO -p 12

pi@draws:~ $ rigctld-wsjtx -m 2045 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 38400 -P GPIO -p 12
Recommend using --vfo switch for rigctld if client supports it

rigctl and netrigctl will automatically detect vfo mode

rig_open: error = IO error
This is a symptom of:
- wrong serial device (/dev/ttyUSB0)
- correct serial device but wrong baud rate
- or stop bits, data bits
- I don't believe the KX3 rig control cable uses RTS or DTR

pi@draws:~ $ rigctld-wsjtx -m 2045 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 38400 -P GPIO -p 12
Recommend using --vfo switch for rigctld if client supports it

rigctl and netrigctl will automatically detect vfo mode
I will play with my KX2 in the next few days to see if I can learn
anything.

Where did you buy your KX3 rig control & data cables?