Create own image for KX3 #setup #applications #settings #database

Erwin OE1EKG

Hi,

I want to make my own image with the Draws Hat and installed the "build a pi" (but it is the same result on a blank raspberry installation). Then followed the instructions on the web page and added those lines in the config:
dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
force_turbo=1
After reboot the Hat is not recognized.
Testing the interfaces:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /dev/serial/by-id

Results:
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May  3 18:21 usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB0

So only the USB for controlling the KX3 is recognized

But I still was not able to control the KX3 with Flrig cause the USB0 is not recognized in the Flrig settings. Neither with: /dev/ttyUSB0 nor with : /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0

Another test:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/serial/by-id
usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0

What is wrong with this settings?

In parallel I installed the basic image from nw-digital radio and the flrig, fldigi, WSJTX and JS8Call are running

So it looks like, that it is necessary to make additional installs on a blank image - but no hint to this available. Maybe It is a small fault or misunderstanding in the setup. Why I want to take the "build a pi" is that there are more progs I want to use without fiddling with single installation on the Draws image.

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG