Re: Create own image for KX3 #setup #applications #settings #database

Basil Gunn

I only support the NWDR image. A lot of time has gone into making sure
things run properly in that environment. If you have a DRAWS hat I
haven't seen a compelling reason not to use the NWDR image.

Why I want to take the "build a pi" is that there are more progs I
want to use without fiddling with single installation on the Draws
image.
Which programs?

Having said that ...

If you use your own custom image the most common problem is that the
Raspbian kernel was broken sometime between 12/15/2020 & 01/07/2021

The last kernel that had a working tlv320aic driver required by DRAWS
was version: 5.4.83

The earliest kernel that has fixes for this driver and a couple of other
problems is version: 5.10.31 which has NOT been released by the Raspbian
Pi Foundation.

To display your current kernel version:

uname -r

If you use the following command you will get a bleeding edge
(unreleased) kernel from Raspbian that 'should' have the kernel fixes.

sudo rpi-upgrade

If you are NOT using the NWDR image I would recommend getting my scripts
anyways to help debug things. As user pi:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git

cd
git clone https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix
cd n7nix/config
./bin_refresh.sh

Now run the bug info script and post the results.

buginfo.sh

To verify that you are running the latest versions of the HF programs

cd
cd n7nix/hfprogs

./hf_verchk.sh -l

# You should see something like the following which shows the installed
# versions of HF programs on your system.

js8call: 2.2.0
wsjtx: 2.3.1
fldigi: 4.1.18
flrig: 1.3.54
flmsg: 4.0.17
flamp: 2.2.05
fllog: 1.2.6
Library: libhamlib IS loaded.
hamlib: 4.1
Library: libflxmlrpc IS loaded.
flxmlrpc: 0.1.4

erwin.grabler@artcom.cc writes:

Hi,

I want to make my own image with the Draws Hat and installed the "build a pi" (but it is the same result on a blank raspberry installation). Then followed the instructions on the web page and added those lines in the config:
dtoverlay =
dtoverlay = draws , alsaname = udrc
force_turbo = 1 After reboot the Hat is not recognized.
*Testing the interfaces:*
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /dev/serial/by-id

*Results* :
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 3 18:21 usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0 -> ../../ttyUSB0

So only the USB for controlling the KX3 is recognized

But I still was not able to control the KX3 with Flrig cause the USB0 is not recognized in the Flrig settings. Neither with: /dev/ttyUSB0 nor with : /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0

*Another test:*
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/serial/by-id
usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AH034AU9-if00-port0

What is wrong with this settings?

In parallel I installed the basic image from nw-digital radio and the flrig, fldigi, WSJTX and JS8Call are running

So it looks like, that it is necessary to make additional installs on
a blank image - but no hint to this available. Maybe It is a small
fault or misunderstanding in the setup. Why I want to take the "build