Re: LinBBS config issue #ax25 #bbs

Basil Gunn

Michael,

I've added a script (setalsa-fmt3000_tm733.sh) to the local bin
directory that sets ALSA controls for both Yaesu FMT-3000 (left
connector) and a Kenwood TM-733 (right connector).

I do not own either of these radios so the settings are preliminary.

To get the new script:

cd
cd n7nix/config
./bin_refresh

Compared to the settings supplied by Michael KJ7OOB this script routes receive input
from the AUDIO radio connection, NOT DESCRIMINATOR.

From the script (feel free to edit to your liking):

# Default settings for 1200 baud for both channels

PCM_LEFT="-16.50"
PCM_RIGHT="-25.00"

LO_DRIVER_LEFT="-2.0"
LO_DRIVER_RIGHT="-4.00"

ADC_LEVEL_LEFT="-11.50"
ADC_LEVEL_RIGHT="0.0"

IN1_L='Off'
IN1_R='Off'

IN2_L="10 kOhm"
IN2_R="10 kOhm"

PTM_PL="P3"
PTM_PR="P3"

All of the other ALSA settings for the TI tlv320aic codec are set to
nominal values. I'm certain that after using this script you will need
to verify deviation on both radios. A guide to set deviation can be
found on the following link.

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation

To change receive routing from 'audio' to 'discriminator' edit file
/etc/ax25/port.conf:

# from

receive_out=audio

receive_out=disc

# port0 is left mDin6 connector.

and run setalsa-fmt3000_tm733.sh script.

Run 'alsa-show.sh' to verify ALSA control settings.
Hope this helps.

/Basil n7nix

mlbayx@outlook.com writes:

Thank you very much for your help. Here is the output you requested;

pi@shack1:~ $ alsa-show.sh
==== List All sound card device names (2)
card 0: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
card 1: udrc [udrc]