Re: Pat ARDOP configure issues #pat #rigctld

KI5EVJ - Richard

I am using the 6-pin cable that came with the DRAWS plugged into the right socket on the hat and the data port on the 818.

On Jul 11, 2021, at 2:02 PM, Basil Gunn <basil@pacabunga.com> wrote:

Trying to set up Pat following the KM4ACK videos and descriptions
listed here
. ARDOP loads, rigctld gives the error below
port_open: serial_open status=-6
errno 6 is No such device or address

Pat http loads but says it can't get the frequency from rigctld.
Because rigctld is not running

I'm using a FT-818ND. Hardware id is 1041. There is no ttyUSB0 in the
/dev/ folder so I must have missed something somewhere.
Do this to see if the device is enumerated at some other USB number

ls /dev/ttyUSB*

Either you are using the wrong device name (ie. could be /dev/ttyUSB1)
OR you don't have the CAT cable for your FT-818ND plugged into the radio
or RPi.

If the above command comes back like this:
ls /dev/ttyUSB*
ls: cannot access '/dev/ttyUSB*': No such file or directory

then you don't have a CAT cable for your radio.

Yaesu USB FTDI CT-62 CAT Cable FT-818,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035DV1ZM/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

pi@draws:~ $ rigctld -m 1041 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 4800
rig_open: error = IO error