Re: Pat ARDOP configure issues #pat #rigctld

Richard,

As you are discovering.  The 6 pin socket on the DRAWS™ carries audio in/out as well as PTT (and SQL, but the SQL pin can be a problem on Yaesu radios) to the matching data port (4).  To do computer control of the radio, eg. set frequency, command style PTT, etc. you use the accessory port (5) with a USB cable. From page 15 of the Yaesu manual.

image.png
image.png

On the 'Data' jack.  The data out 1200bps is de-emphasized audio (like speaker audio) from the radio, the data out 9600bps is raw output from the discriminator (in FM/Packet mode).  Data in goes straight to the modulator.

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 12:55 PM Richard Gilbert via groups.io <rpgilbert1=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
/dev/tyyUSB* no such file or directory
> On Jul 11, 2021, at 2:53 PM, RICHARD GILBERT <rpgilbert1@...> wrote:
>
> I am using the 6-pin cable that came with the DRAWS plugged into the right socket on the hat and the data port on the 818.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 11, 2021, at 2:02 PM, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:
>>

>>> Trying to set up Pat following the KM4ACK videos and descriptions
>>> listed here
>>> . ARDOP loads, rigctld gives the error below
>>> port_open: serial_open status=-6
>>
>> errno 6 is No such device or address
>>
>>> Pat http loads but says it can't get the frequency from rigctld.
>>
>> Because rigctld is not running
>>
>>> I'm using a FT-818ND. Hardware id is 1041. There is no ttyUSB0 in the
>>> /dev/ folder so I must have missed something somewhere.
>>
>> Do this to see if the device is enumerated at some other USB number
>>
>> ls /dev/ttyUSB*
>>
>> Either you are using the wrong device name (ie. could be /dev/ttyUSB1)
>> OR you don't have the CAT cable for your FT-818ND plugged into the radio
>> or RPi.
>>
>> If the above command comes back like this:
>> ls /dev/ttyUSB*
>> ls: cannot access '/dev/ttyUSB*': No such file or directory
>>
>> then you don't have a CAT cable for your radio.
>>
>> Yaesu USB FTDI CT-62 CAT Cable FT-818,
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035DV1ZM/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
>>
>>> pi@draws:~ $ rigctld -m 1041 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 4800
>>> rig_open: error = IO error