Re: GPS has been working but not since Saturday #gpsd

Steve, N9VW

The line above the "log measurements...." statement appears to be fouled up.

verify_time.sh script.# Uncomment the following line to turn logging on.

Notice the "." following the script command. That changes the filename somewhat...

FWIW,
73 de Steve, N9VW

On 7/18/2021 12:42 PM, KI5EVJ - Richard via groups.io wrote:
If the first line is line 1 then your line 15 is my line 16. If it starts at line 0 then it is the same. I included the whole file because there are two sets of broadcast and allow statements at the bottom of the file. Not sure which is correct. I really appreciate your help with this.

# Welcome to the chrony configuration file. See chrony.conf(5) for more
# information about usuable directives.
pool 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst

# initstepslew 30 2.debian.pool.ntp.org

# This directive specify the location of the file containing ID/key pairs for
# NTP authentication.
keyfile /etc/chrony/chrony.keys

# This directive specify the file into which chronyd will store the rate
# information.
driftfile /var/lib/chrony/chrony.drift

verify_time.sh script.# Uncomment the following line to turn logging on.
log  measurements statistics tracking

# Log files location.
logdir /var/log/chrony

# Stop bad estimates upsetting machine clock.
maxupdateskew 100.0

# This directive tells 'chronyd' to parse the 'adjtime' file to find out if the
# real-time clock keeps local time or UTC. It overrides the 'rtconutc' directive.
#hwclockfile /etc/adjtime

# This directive enables kernel synchronisation (every 11 minutes) of the
# real-time clock. Note that it can't be used along with the 'rtcfile' directive.
rtcsync

# Step the system clock instead of slewing it if the adjustment is larger than
# one second, but only in the first three clock updates.
makestep 1 3

refclock SHM 0 refid GPS precision 1e-3 offset 0.5 delay 0.2 poll 3 trust
# SHM1 from gpsd (if present) is from the kernel PPS_LDISC module.
# It includes PPS and will be accurate to a few ns
# refclock SHM 1 offset 0.0 delay 0.1 refid PPS
# refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock GPS trust prefer

# Configure broadcast and allow for your network and uncomment (Multiple declarations for$
#broadcast 30 192.168.255.255
#allow 192.168.0.0/16
#allow 44.0.0.0/8

refclock SHM 0 refid GPS precision 1e-3 offset 0.5 delay 0.2 poll 3 trust require
refclock SHM 2 refid PPS precision 1e-9 poll 3 trust

broadcast 30 192.168.1.255
allow 192.168.1.0/24