Re: ax25ipd- is something broken, or is the WIKI not up to date?

Basil Gunn

ax25-status ax25-start ax25-stop all get copied your local bin directory
so they are in your path.

which ax25-status ax25-start ax25-stop
/home/pi/bin/ax25-status
/home/pi/bin/ax25-start
/home/pi/bin/ax25-stop

All of the "Testing AX.25" section works for me.
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/docs/VERIFY_CONFIG.md#testing-ax25

Even though these scripts are in your path when logged in as user pi
they are not in your path when logged in as root. Scripts ax25-start & ax25-stop
require you to be root. When logged in as user pi, ax25-status will work
from any directory.

cd
cd bin
sudo su
ax25-stop
ax25-start

...in the section of ax25 testing, none of that in the wiki seems to
work any more.
Perhaps you can be more specific & give an example and a link to the
Wiki you are referring to.

Mike B <kf5dey@gmail.com> writes:

I am doing a new install, and double checking some things...in the section of ax25 testing, none of that in the wiki seems to work any more.

In my ax25 directory there is ax25ipd-stop and -start, no ax25-status to be found etc.

It is sending and receiving packets over the APRS freq (according to the raw packets function of APRS.FI)

I just want to know if there was a functional change, and the wiki hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks,
Mike