Re: #upgrade #draws #configuration #draws #upgrade #configuration

Corky

Erwin, in addition to what Basil has said, looking at your config.json file, I see some inconsistencies. I am not sure if they are causing the problems or not, but it is possible.

The first is that most of your posts refer to using a KX2, yet the config.json file is set up for a KX3.  Perhaps you have both, but hamlib now treats the two differently.

The rig setup looks very different than what I am using as it does not provide the radio information in the original rig definition.  Here is my rig setup section of the config.json file for the KX2 and KX3.

  "hamlib_rigs": {
      "KX2": {"address": "localhost:4532", "network": "tcp"},
      "KX3": {"address": "localhost:4532", "network": "tcp"}
},

Hope this helps.

Thanks and 73,
-Corky, AF4PM

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Erwin OE1EKG wrote:
Hello Basil,Hello Basil,

Thanks for your help and patience. I tried to find out what happens. First I did:pi@draws:~ $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ ls -salt .wl2k
total 12
4 drwxr-xr-x 35 pi pi 4096 Sep  1 21:33 ..
4 -rw-------  1 pi pi 1339 Aug 29 08:49 config.json
4 drwxr-xr-x  2 pi pi 4096 Aug 28 12:09 .
0 -rw-r--r--  1 pi pi    0 May 13 22:13 pat.log
0 -rw-r--r--  1 pi pi    0 May 13 20:53 eventlog.json
then:
pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $ ./ardop_ctrl.sh -f
Service: draws-manager is already stopped
Service: direwolf is already stopped
Force update mode on

 Configured radio KX2 DOES NOT MATCH requested radio radio_ic706

 == Status for configured rig: KX2
  == audio device udrc check: closed
File: /home/pi/.asoundrc does not exist, creating
Service: rigctld, status: 3
Service: ardop, status: 3
Service: pat, status: 3
Creating systemd service files.
 == unit file update
DEBUG: creating rigctld unit file for radio: IC-706
DEBUG: creating ardop unit file for radio: IC-706
 systemctl daemon-reload
 == Ardop process check
proc rigctld: 1, NOT running
proc piardopc: 1, NOT running
proc piARDOP_GUI: 1, NOT running
proc pat: 1, NOT running
Finished ardop -f

So it seems there is a radio defined other the in the pi@draws:~ $ cat ~/.asoundrc

this seems OK
pcm.ARDOP {
        type rate
        slave {
        pcm "hw:2,0"
        rate 48000
        }

Then I want to stop the wrong transceiver definition and start the correct one:

pi@draws:~ $ cd
pi@draws:~ $ cd n7nix/ardop
pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $ ./ardop_ctrl.sh -a ic706 stop
Service: draws-manager is already stopped
Service: direwolf is already stopped
Setting radio name to: radio_ic706, rig name: IC-706
Kill all ardopc, rigctld & pat processes

DEBUG: kill_ardop: kill_flag true

 == Status for configured rig: IC-706
  == audio device udrc check: closed
asoundrc_file_check: Found ARDOP entry in /home/pi/.asoundrc
asoundrc_file_check: asound cfg device match: sound card number: 2
asoundrc_file_check: sample rate: 48000
Service: rigctld, status: 3
Service: ardop, status: 3
Service: pat, status: 3
All systemd service files found
 == Ardop process check
proc rigctld: 1, NOT running
proc piardopc: 1, NOT running
proc piARDOP_GUI: 1, NOT running
proc pat: 1, NOT running
Finished ardop stop
pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $ ./ardop_ctrl.sh -f -a kx2 start
Service: draws-manager is already stopped
Service: direwolf is already stopped
Force update mode on
Setting radio name to: radio_kx2, rig name: KX2
DEBUG: Updating systemd unitfiles
 == unit file update
DEBUG: creating rigctld unit file for radio: KX2
DEBUG: creating ardop unit file for radio: KX2
Starting service: rigctld
Starting service: ardop
ENABLING ardop
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ardop.service -> /etc/systemd/system/ardop.service.
Starting service: pat

The I want to force the settings a second time but still the IC-706 remains:

pi@draws:~/n7nix/ardop $ ./ardop_ctrl.sh -f
Service: draws-manager is already stopped
Service: direwolf is already stopped
Force update mode on

 == Status for configured rig: IC-706
  == audio device udrc check: state: RUNNING
File: /home/pi/.asoundrc does not exist, creating
Service: rigctld, status: 3
Service: ardop, status: 0
Service: pat, status: 3
Creating systemd service files.
 == unit file update
DEBUG: creating rigctld unit file for radio: IC-706
DEBUG: creating ardop unit file for radio: IC-706
 systemctl daemon-reload
 == Ardop process check
proc rigctld: 1, NOT running
proc piardopc: 0, pid: 3133, args:  8515 pcm.ARDOP pcm.ARDOP -p GPIO=12
proc piARDOP_GUI: 1, NOT running
proc pat: 1, NOT running
Finished ardop -f

So it looks like that the ARDOP configuration is faulty - cause I faced the problems there. Cause it is some month ago when I configured the PI I'm not sure about the installation, I think I went through all your scripts, WSJTx and JS8call are running so Flirt and Fldigi.

No idea where I can go the next step - our should I start from scratch? Other possibility ist to delete the Ardop and PAT and make a new installation of this - but I'm not so deep in Linux that I can do this without damage I think.

73 de Erwin, OE1EKG

Attachments:
  • config.json