Peer to Peer "Chat" or Packet

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Using my Pi, DRAWS and radio, I am able to send and receive emails via the WinLink network.

Local Peer to Peer has only been tested once and still needs to be tested more but that is for a different day.

Some of us tried to use old fashioned Peer to Peer Packet recently while supporting a 100 mile Ultra marathon. I did not participate due to a vacation so I did not attend the training session.

What do I need to do with my Pi to be able to connect to a Peer, "log in", drop a test string or file with data (bib number, check point, time in, time out), "log out" and close the connection so others may do so?

Ed, KD9FRQ