Re: Peer to Peer "Chat" or Packet

Basil Gunn

Sorry for the lag. I'm traveling.
There are quite a few AX.25 apps that will do peer-to-peer packet.
For 1 to 1 I use chattervox and for 1 to many I use APRS messaging as found in Xastir, YAAC or nixtracker. Try some out to find the one you like best.
/Basil

On September 11, 2021 3:08:49 PM PDT, "Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io" <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Using my Pi, DRAWS and radio, I am able to send and receive emails via
the WinLink network.

Local Peer to Peer has only been tested once and still needs to be
tested more but that is for a different day.

Some of us tried to use old fashioned Peer to Peer Packet recently while
supporting a 100 mile Ultra marathon. I did not participate due to a
vacation so I did not attend the training session.

What do I need to do with my Pi to be able to connect to a Peer, "log
in", drop a test string or file with data (bib number, check point, time
in, time out), "log out" and close the connection so others may do so?

Ed, KD9FRQ